14 May 2009

My Creative Space.


Last night I had a few of my girlfriends from high school over for roast dinner. It was very nice! I think we're going to make it a regular thing just to make sure we see each other often. Anyway. One of them brought me over some origami paper from last time she was in Japan, she remembered me saying how I wanted some ages ago. Isn't that nice? Now I have to think of a good project for it!

And, I started a Miss Allsorts yesterday too. You can see her instructions in the bottom right and a corner of her head in the bottom left. All that's left is sewing the two halves together, stuffing and hand sewing the gap. It'll be done in no time!

How's everyone's week been going?

-Jemma

14 comments:

Melanie said...

ooooh i love origami paper. I lost some ages ago and I just cannot find it and have so many projects to do with it. what a lovely gift from your friend.

Lucy Bowler said...

I think the origami friend is definitely one to see again! And not just because she brings you things, but she obviously understands your creativity and your need to be creative! This is a real gift indeed.

Leslie said...

That paper looks great. I bought some a little while ago to do with my kiddos, but I haven't gotten around to it. Today may be the day. :)

Kirsty said...

Miss Allsorts is super cute isn't she. Looking forward to seeing yours.

M* (Melanie) said...

the paper is so beautiful! What a lovely gift

Melissa G said...

Don'cha just love the way the Japanese decorate and design with paper.

handmaiden said...

jemma, that would be perfect for scrapbooking or my new found love bookbinding

edward and lilly said...

How fun! I would love to have regular dinners with my high school buddies alas we're all living in different cities.

The origami paper is so pretty!

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

I have a weak spot for patterned paper - just love it!
I go to the local wall paper shop just to get their sample books & have lots of patterns! I love it! :)

belinda marshall said...

very pretty paper - like the yellow one best. wondering too what you will do with it :)
p.s. completely relate to your next post and very exciting that you got the book, was meant to be!

c.raf.t said...

Origami are gorgeous..I wish I could make them!And the doll sounds good!

Anonymous said...

oh fab, Origami is on my 43things to learn. I love the paper. I think it is such a lovely skill to learn.

Michelle said...

The paper is fabulous. Have fun using it.

Jennifer Rose said...

gorgeous paper :D would make a lot of lovely origami dragons with it

free html visitor counters

Followers