27 October 2008

A week of Nanna.... Day One

I think it's very funny that I started "A week of nanna" a day early all by myself. An omen so I'd know to join in? Perhaps!

Below is a gorgeous early 60's (I believe) bakelite vintage canister that my lovely nanna gifted me soon after she discovered that I was starting to collect canisters. This canister pretty much sums up how I would like my whole kitchen to look. The feeling of it at least.


With BugandPop and many others.

Ideas for posts later in nanna week:
- Funny things nanna says.
- Surprise gifts she's given me (that are sometimes also funny)
- Nanna's recipes
- General stories from childhood involving nanna
- Reasons I'm not worried about being just like her when I grow up!

I've made some nice progess on my latest quilt. About 1/3 of the way into the basting process. I'm also a little preoccupied with thoughts of giving the local incredibly tiny craft market a go next time to see if anyone would buy anything I make. Oh how I wish to break even with my material purchasing!

See you tomorrow! (Probably!)

-Jemma


(Sorry for the parenthesis heavy post!)

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I am so glad that you are joining in and so enthusiastic. I am looking forward to seeing what the rest of the week brings.

Megan.K. said...

I love that canister - what a great nana-gift.

free html visitor counters

Followers