23 November 2008
As I said before, two of my very good friends are leaving for a 3 month trip to Europe next weekend. I wanted to make them a little going away present that would be helpfull while they're away, and here's what I came up with!
I got the adorable tutorial from here. It was super easy to follow, and already for an Australian sized passport.
I added a little (shakily) embroided panel on the front with the girls names for a little bit of extra personalisation and for my first bit of proper embroidery by myself. I think it looks good!
The top stitching is a little special because this was the first time that I had done any sewing with clear vinyl and I don't have a teflon foot or anything fancy like that. After I'd done a few centimeters I remember a tip that I read about putting a bit of tissue paper over the top of the vinyl when sewing it. And it worked a treat! The only problem being that I only had decorated paper, that wasn't exactly see through. I know what to do in the future though.
Well, hope you like. I know that I'm super pleased with this one. I'm going to be making the second one tomorrow night with the same fabric combo, but in reverse.