23 November 2008

Passport Protector



As I said before, two of my very good friends are leaving for a 3 month trip to Europe next weekend. I wanted to make them a little going away present that would be helpfull while they're away, and here's what I came up with!

I got the adorable tutorial from here. It was super easy to follow, and already for an Australian sized passport.



I added a little (shakily) embroided panel on the front with the girls names for a little bit of extra personalisation and for my first bit of proper embroidery by myself. I think it looks good!

The top stitching is a little special because this was the first time that I had done any sewing with clear vinyl and I don't have a teflon foot or anything fancy like that. After I'd done a few centimeters I remember a tip that I read about putting a bit of tissue paper over the top of the vinyl when sewing it. And it worked a treat! The only problem being that I only had decorated paper, that wasn't exactly see through. I know what to do in the future though.



Well, hope you like. I know that I'm super pleased with this one. I'm going to be making the second one tomorrow night with the same fabric combo, but in reverse.

- Jemma

1 comment:

Amy Badskirt said...

First apologies for the delayed comments. I've written this three times and my browser just doesn't want to play nice!

I really need a conversion chart like yours. Most of my recipes are in Fahrenheit, so I run into the office and type "425F in C" into google then sprint back to the kitchen. I never make cooking easy for myself!

And I think your list is a fantastic idea. I may talk Craig into doing something similar this year, as we need a kettle and a puppy too!

I'm terrified to join I'm wearing it Wednesday, because I slum it at home most days. I'll be back though to see what you're wearing and all of the great things you make.

Thanks for joining in!

free html visitor counters

Followers