23 September 2008

Beau's Quilt



Here are some pictures of my first ever quilt! It's going to be a Christmas present for my nephew Beau. When he gets it he'll be just a few days shy of 1 year old.
The pattern and instructions are from Amy Karol's "Bend the Rules Sewing". I didn't really follow a pattern or anything like that. I just read her instructions and then made it pretty much the same, but to my own sizes. A.K.A Random. I just made enough of the strips until it looked right to me layed out.



The part that I had the most trouble with was the binding. But that was mostly because the ironing was so damn boring! And it was a struggle to pin it all on and do the corners since I was pretty much just winging it.



I like how it's turned out. Wrinkles and all, I'm just so proud of it! My very mean boyfriend told me that it was a bit gay, because there's flowers on it. But I think that it's just right for a baby. And I've had other unbiased opinions telling me that it's fine. He's just jealous of my talents! (And the fact that I still haven't made him a single thing since getting my sewing machine 4 months ago)



And lastly, just because she's the namesake of the blog, here's a picture of Amity with the quilt in my very messy lounge/sewing room.

- Jemma

No comments:

free html visitor counters

Followers