03 November 2010

32. Donate blood for the first time.

Look what I did on Monday!

It was much less scary than I thought it was going to be. And none of the problems I was worried about happened (my iron being too low, travel, being rejected because of my back operation).

It all went very smoothly I think. I won't lie, it did hurt but it was nothing that I couldn't handle and it's all over fairly quickly. So no big deal.

One tip, don't get cocky about how well you're doing. Then don't only sit down for a few minutes after instead of the recommended 15. You will nearly faint and then have to lie down on the couch for 30 minutes in front of everyone and look like a huge dork.... That was pretty embarrassing.

So make sure you go to www.donateblood.com and make an appointment! It's really easy and you get free chocolate milk and cookies after. There is no downside.

- Jemma

3 comments:

NessaKnits said...

I'm proud of you! Well done.

NessaKnits said...

I think No. 70 might be the next one??

Jessica Lonard (The Crafty Librarian) said...

Yay! I think there should have been a warning for the photo though. Some people don't like needles! This reminds me I need to change my donation appointment!

free html visitor counters

Followers